The 42nd Association for Moral Education Annual Conference will be hosted by the Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, USA, December 8 through 11, 2016. The event is partnering also with Tufts University’s Tisch College. The theme of the conference will be:
Civic engagement: a cultural revolution?
The expanding definitions of ‘civic’ participation, their intersections with ethics, and the implications for education.
Session Title:WHEN WE FIGHT, WE WIN!; Teaching about Today’s Social movements and the Radical Shifts in Culture and Consciousness
- Dey Hernández-Vázquez, curator, art director and coauthor, WHEN WE FIGHT, WE WIN!
- Greg Jobin-Leeds, co-author, WHEN WE FIGHT, WE WIN!
- Carlos Rojas, Education and Immigrants Rights Organizer for Youth on Board and Boston Student Advisory Council
- Katherine Asunción; Student Immigrant Movement (SIM), (authors of SIM Camp)
- Jenny Sazama, Director and Co-Founder, Youth on Board
- Lisa Owens, Executive Director, City Life/Vida Urbana (authors of Radical Organizer Training)
To be confirmed:
- Manissa M. Maharawal, author of Teaching and Discussion Guide for WHEN WE FIGHT, WE WIN!
Marianna Islam, the Schott Foundation for Public Education